A lot of work, but not much poker

There's been so much to do at work that I haven't really played that much poker, on top of that internet hasn't been working very well in both my house and at work so that complicates things a little bit as well. I've spent the past 2 weekends invading a friend's house in order to play poker and have a scheduled session with my coach, ironically he's been having his fair share of internet problems to complicated things even more.




Playing poker on the weekends some place else is no real issue to me, I just plug my headphones on and try to focus on play and not engage a lot in the conversations with my friend and brother (yup, he needs internet too), the issue is that my poor old laptop is showing it's age and I'm feeling the need of upgrading it if I continue moving around just to play. Unfortunate because playing in my house with my 27 inch monitor and the 2nd screen makes things super easy for me, actually was thinking about getting another 27 inch so both are just the same (which would make a lot of sense since the 2nd one is currently 23 inch). The resolution on that monitor also helps me open the 6 tables available for me in 888 so my volume is suffering from that as well.

On results I'm looking better, been very focused on performing my best and trying to avoid tricky spots although I've still found some that are marked for a future review session. I was hoping to hit some good sessions this week but again work got in the way, I have some errands to do early tomorrow but I hope to arrive just after lunch to start playing on my house or I'll invade my friend again. Still can't believe it took me so long to break even, but all I can really do is continue learning from my mistakes and try to avoid them in the future. My coach pointed out some stuff on my database that I'm currently working on and feeling better as I continue getting the hang of them.

Got the book I was talking about last time and it's very interesting but haven't really read much of it. I feel like if I don't really read it with no distractions I end up lost and re reading entire pages all over again, ironic since the book is about Deep Work.

On other news I'm feeling better about my knee, just need a few more therapy sessions and the ok from the doctor to start playing soccer again and training my legs. Still hurts just a little bit but it also has something to do with the fact that I haven't done much work with it in a month, so I starting doing 5 minutes on the stationary bike on the gym to start working on it. I think this covers pretty much everything, gonna work on playing this weekend and hopefully by the next update I'll already be making some money!


Comments

Popular Posts