Quarantine Mode ON


For the past couple weeks I've been at home as part of the quarantine regime we're currently facing with the COVID-19. The first week was pretty tough but now I'm pretty used to it, especially since I began giving more time to poker just to have some sort of income and avoid draining my savings completely.

Photo by Glen Carrie on Unsplash

I had to take some money out of my BR, plus a series of bad results pushed me into playing some NL2 just to get back to basics and regain some confidence back. What I failed to see at the moment was how easy it is to make some money during this time.

There are a lot of people, like me, stuck at home with nothing better to do than opening a few poker tables. That means there are tons of recreational players out there just chilling waiting to gamble away a few bucks, which is totally fine by me.

With my BR staying at around $150, I've been pretty much moving between NL2 and NL5 in the hunt for recreational players. I'm table selecting a lot and making good decisions so far.

Since I'm not working this has saved my life. This is literally the first time in my poker career I've been playing semi-professionally and so far it's been working just fine. The toughest part is organizing my withdrawals so I have the money ready when I actually need it.

My routine seems pretty ok now, so as long as I have some working internet I'm playing between 2 and 3 hours every day.
Other than poker I'm still distracting myself playing Saint Seiya Awakening, continuing an old campaign on Divinity Original Sin 2 and playing a mission on Splinter Cell Blacklist every other day. That, along with my everyday duties with my son and wife keeps me busy enough so I don't lose my head out of boredom.

I finished my second read of 12 Rules For Life so I decided to move into some leisure reading so I'm starting over with The Witcher series. I read somewhat recently The Last Wish so I moving ahead with Sword of Destiny. After that, I could continue with Blood of Elves or move back to another book on the library for a second read, either Stillness is the Key or Everything is F*cked.

This pretty much sums up the last few weeks. The plan is to add an hour of play every other day to add more volume and, hopefully, a bit more of profit. Will try to update as much as possible. Keep it safe and see you next time!


Comments

Popular Posts