Not my best week indeed...


Back again with another post, this time I can show some things I've seen and done with my newly acquire Hold’em Manager Pro.





As you can see in this graph I started way too bad… Things got a little better but then they when really bad again… I have no one to blame but myself, obviously I've encountered some bad beats where I got draw out in the river (I’ll show an example soon enough) and on other cases I just made a real bad decision (even though the information on the HM2 said I should do otherwise). It has been a real roller-coaster but I've learned a couple of things from those experiences. First I tend to go on tilt way to easily and I lose sight of what I actually doing, not saying that all of my loses where because of that but some of them where… And as I said before I had a couple of bad beats and also a couple of good plays on my part if you don’t mind me saying it. I've been analyzing my game and even do I made a couple of adjustment regarding my hand selection and my game preflop, the bad beats didn't seem to leave me alone… Hopefully this week things will turn around on my side. Here are a couple of hands I found interesting:

1. PokerStars No Limit Hold'em ($0.01/$0.02 USD) 9 handed

UTG ($2)
UTG+1 ($5.45)
MP1 ($4.94)
MP2 ($5.20)
Hero (MP3) ($3.37)
CO ($5)
Button ($5.91)
SB ($4.42)
BB ($1.87)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Ad, As
3 folds, MP2 bet $0.05, Hero calls $0.07, CO raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.66, CO calls $0.46
Flop: ($1.12) 2d, 3c, 2s (2 players)
Hero bets $1.08, CO raises to $2.48, Hero raises to $2.71 (all-in), CO calls $0.23
Turn: ($6.84) 7s (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($6.84) Kd (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: $6.84 | Rake: $0.24

Results below:
Hero had Ad, As (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
CO Qd, Qc (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
Outcome: Hero won $6.60

The hand pretty much played itself, after so much aggression preflop he could only have Aces, Kings or Queens (unless he was a fish, the flop didn't change a thing so the all-in bet was pretty automatic and at the end the Aces prevailed before the Queens.

2. 888poker Blinds No Limit Hold’em ($0.01/$0.02 USD) 9 handed

Hero (Button) ($1.53)
SB ($3.85)
BB ($2.20)
UTG ($3.37)
UTG+1 ($1.43)
MP1 ($1.95)
MP2 ($2.25)
MP3. ($3.44)
CO ($2.07)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Qh, Jc
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero bets $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.06
Flop: ($0.19) Qc, 3c, Td (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.14, UTG+1 raises to $1.49, Hero calls $1.21 (all-in)
Turn: ($2.89) Qd (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($2.89) Js (2 players, 1 all-in)
Results below:
Hero had Qh, Jc (full house, Queens over Jacks)
UTG+1 had 3d, 3h (full house, threes over Queens)
Outcome: Hero won $2.71

I actually played this really bad, after the Villain check on the flop I wasn't sure if he missed the flop or not, I made a pretty standard c-bet and he shoves a huge raise. I should have folded that one, I was sure he had me beat with a pair of Queens with a better but I was experiencing a couple of bad beats and I decided to call on tilt more than anything else. Luckily (very very very lucky…) I won the pot and received a couple of insult on the way too, standard thing of the game I guess xD.

3. 888poker No Limit Hold’em ($0.01/$0.02 USD) 9 handed

MP2 ($1.43)
Hero (MP3) ($3.76)
CO ($2.57)
Button (Empty seat)
SB ($2.17)
BB ($2.45)
MP1 ($2)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Ks, Kh
2 folds, Hero bets $0.08, 1 fold, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold
Flop: ($0.18) Qs, 2s, Tc (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB calls $0.13
Turn: ($0.44) 6h (2 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.94, SB raises to $2.94, Hero raises to $5.49, SB calls $0.46 (s all-in)
River: ($5.95) 5s (2 players, 1 all-in)

Results below:
Hero had Ks, Kh (1 pair, Kings)
SB had 6s, 6c (3 of a kind, sixes)
Outcome: SB won $4.09

Can’t say much about this, I didn't had enough hands on the Villain to put him on any sort of hand but overall he looked like a fish and ended up calling a bet that he shouldn't have. He got lucky and hit the set and obviously won the hand. I played the way a usually do aggressive from the start always betting ¾ of the pot or so. Guess I’ll have to start mixing it up and make some over-bets next time but overall I think after all I played that hand correctly.

4. 888poker No Limit Hold’em ($0.01/$0.02 USD) 9 handed

UTG+1 ($0.77)
MP1 ( $2.36 )
MP2 ( $2)
MP3 ($2.73)
CO ($1.80)
Hero (Button) ($3.26)
SB($2.91)
BB ($2.07)
UTG ($0.98)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Qc, Ac
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP2 raises $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.06
Flop: ($0.34) 9d, As, Qh (4 players)
SB bets $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises $0.33, SB calls $0.31, 2 folds
Turn: ($1.04) 3d (2 players)
SB bets $0.12, Hero raises $2.85, SB calls $2.38 (all-in)
River: ($6.04) 8c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Results below:
Hero had Qc, Ac (2 pairs, Queens and Aces)
SB had 3c, Qd (2 pairs, Queens and threes)
Hero won $5.67

The SB was a fish and I have no idea what he was thinking on the flop. Sometimes it happens when you find yourself people who believe that they can win with every possible hand. Q3os is a hand that you never should play on EP, guess he felt lucky or assumed I didn't had the Ace (which I did) and when the turn gave him 2 pair he must have thought that he had me beat. The fact remains that your profit comes from weaker players.

I've been catching up with some blogs of two online poker player that I really admire. Tyler “frosty012” Frost and Andre “acoimbra” Coimbra, both are members of the Team Online of Pokerstars. Usually Tyler does some coaching on the Pokerschool of Pokerstars and gives an amazing view of his game on the cash tables. Meanwhile Andre is doing a challenge, going from $100 to $100K only playing MTT. I've missed a lot of the blogs he’s been posting but last week after asking him from some advice on Twitter I decided to read it all the way. He even made an AMA on the FLOPTURNRIVER Forum and gave me some books I could read so I’ll see what to do about it.

My plan from now on is to play a solid kind of poker without any fancy moves, but first I’ll take a break from today until Sunday to get my mind out of poker for a couple of days to see if that could help me clear my head On my game I think one of my weaknesses is that I tend to play way too many hands and some hands out of position, I've increased my preflop raises and it has work. I now have over 500 hands on some opponents on 888poker which it means that all the mistakes made from now on are on me not on lack of information. I've read some good reviews on the books The Mental Game of Poker part one and two, so I’m going to purchase both books because I think that one of my biggest problems is how I go on tilt so easily after a couple of bad beats… I will start studying again; continue reading a couple of books I need to finish before the new ones get here. If you want to get better you can never stop studying. I got inspired after I read this sentence on Andre’s blog.

Andre “acoimbra” Coimbra: “The plan is to keep repeating the learning and moving up process, until I reach the bankroll and skill-set...”

I’ll leave the links for both of their blogs around. See ya

Comments

Popular Posts