Lots of study and a nice comeback

Back again after a long while. Since the last time I haven't play much poker actually, I spent most of my time reading blogs, trying to finish a poker book and so... I played a couple of very short sessions and ended up loosing another $10 out of my bankroll until yesterday when I finally had a good day poker-wise.





This graph doesn't actually show my current state, since I took advantage of a $10 insta-bonus 888poker offered after a deposit (I withdraw money then deposited it again) and started playing some tournament thanks to the Month of Majesty promotion, played the $1,000 Jack Royal Freeroll and finished 30ish for a $5.50 profit (got busted 77vsK8os) so actually my net won line should be around $5. I found some interesting ideas on a blog on the Poker School Online, one of the members there called "ArtySmokesPS" who has over 100,000 hands on micro stakes started a series of posts called the ABC of 2NL and I've taken a couple of his thoughts to good use (I'll post the link later on). Also I finally catch up with Andre "acoimbra" Coimbra and his challenge, he is really into it (such an amazing player, already has 20k) and he is posting some strategy videos so it's really great. I have a couple of hand to show so the post doesn't look that short :P

888poker Blinds No Limit Hold'em ($0.01/$0.02 USD) 9 handed

Total number of players : 7
CO ($1.85)
Button ($0.84)
SB ($0.96)
BB ( 2.35)
Hero (UTG) ($2.40)
UTG+1 ($1.36)
MP3 ($2.12)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Jd, As
Hero bets $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, 3 folds, SB raises $0.13, Hero calls $0.06, UTG+1 calls $0.06
Flop: ($0.41) Ts, 6s, 9h (3 players)
SB bets $0.10, Hero raises $0.20, 1 fold, SB raises $0.32, Hero raises $0.54, SB raises $0.40 (all-in), Hero calls $0.08
Turn: ($2.05) Kh (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($2.05) 5s (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: $2.05

Results bellow:
SB had Ac, Ad (one pair, Aces)
Hero had Jd, As (A high)
Outcome: SB won $1.95

I made a terrible read on the flop. I had a small sample of this player and by the looks of it I don't know why I though he was bluffing and well... He had Aces. I should have folded but that part of my brain that controls me when I try to do a fancy play (like this one) took a 5 minutes break and cost me the hand.

Total number of players : 7
MP1 ( $2.06 )
MP3 ( $3.81 )
CO ( $2.12 )
Button ($3.62)
SB ($0.62)
Hero (BB) ($1.79)
UTG ($2)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7h, Ah
3 folds, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks
Flop: ($0.06) As, Td, Js ( 3 players)
SB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06
Turn: ($0.24) 7d (3 players)
SB bets $0.12, Hero raises $0.24, CO raises $1.08, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.84
River: ($2.52) Ac (2 players)
Hero bets $0.63 (all-in), CO calls $0.63
Total pot: $3.78

Results bellow:
CO had Qd, Ks (straight, Ace high)
Hero had 7h, Ah (full house, Aces over sevens)
Outcome: Hero won $3.55

I got very lucky here on the river, I was thinking SB had some sort of A with a small kicker but had no idea what the CO player had. I called the small bet on the flop with my Ace because I wasn't in that bad shape against another Ace. When the turn gave me two pair I though I had the best hand so the raise was pretty standard, but that raise from the CO triggered the alarms in my head but I couldn't put that guy on any hand that had me beat (even though I knew he probably had me) and couldn't really throw away my two pair, bottom line, it was a really bad call on my part. Then the Ace came along so I had to put all my money in the middle and hope for the best, turns out he had me with his straight (great slowplay he did back there) but I got lucky on the river :P (had to win one of those draws).


Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
SB ($1.70)
BB ($2.90)
Hero (UTG) ($1.97)
UTG+1 ($2.53)
MP1 ($1.24)
MP2 ($5.68)
CO ($1.99)
Button ($5.26)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Th, Td
Hero bets $0.08, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06
Flop: ($0.25) Ts, 7c, 3s (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.18, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.40, MP1 calls $0.22
Turn: ($1.05) 4s (2 players)
Hero bets $1.05, MP1 calls $0.76 (all-in)
River: ($2.57) Ad (2 players, 1 all in)
Total pot: $2.57

Results below:
Hero had Th, Td (three of a kind, Tens)
MP1 had Ks, Js (flush, King high)
Outcome: MP1 won $2.41

There was actually nothing I could have done to change what happened here. I made very aggressive check raise on the flop with my set, but the Villain had faith in his draw and got the flush. I understand that people here get carried away with their draws and stuff so like I said, nothing I could do there.


Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9
MP1 ($0.80)
MP2 ($2.27)
MP3 ($4.18)
CO ($1.96)
Button ($3.79)
SB ($2.17)
BB ($0.56)
Hero (UTG) ($4.96)
UTG+1 ($2.44)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ad, Ah
Hero bets $0.08, 5 folds, Button calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07
Flop: ($0.26) 4c, Th, Kd (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.19, Button raises $0.82, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.63
Turn: ($1.9) 3h (2 players)
Hero bets $4.06 (all-in), Button calls $2.89 (all-in)
River: ($8.85) 7c (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: $8.85

Results below:
Hero had Ad, Ah (one pair, Aces)
Button had Ks, Ac (one pair, Kings)
Outcome: Hero won $7.20

The villain was a very tight player with a low VPIP/PFR range (I had a sample of over 400 hands) so I when he raises on the flop I was thinking maybe he had Kings, on the other hand he didn't raise preflop so that made me believe I was ahead in the hand. The turn was a blank so I decided to shove, he calls, shows AKos and the Aces prevailed. That was my biggest pot that night.


Away from the tables I started going to the gym only to find out a week later that a have a injure on my right leg (been there for a while, only I decided to check it out last week) so I have to stay away from any physical activity for a whole month O_o the only good thing about that is that I'll start playing poker again more during the week.

Amazon decided to start taking money away from me with a couple of offers on some great games (yeah I bought more games... Problem?), I bought and started playing Hitman: Absolution (only $4.99 down from $29.99) so far so good and Mark of the Ninja ($3.75 down from $14.99). By the looks of it and a whole month I'll probably finish Hitman and continue with Guild Wars 2.

Game of Thrones started not long ago and is about to finish to, every episode es better than the previous one, only 3 episodes left. Season finale of Arrow was great too I can't wait for the next season. I started watching Hannibal and I fully recommend it, more bloody than what I expected and the interaction between the main characters just make you want to watch some more.

Been hosting a couple of cash games in my house so I can prepare my self for higher stakes, so far no cash outs but I'm only getting started. Also I'm waiting for a couple of books to arrive soon enough; Small Stakes NL Hold'em from Ed Miller (recommended by "acoimbra" and his coach), and probable The Mental Game of Poker 1 & 2. Between those books and the information found on the Poker School Online forum and blogs I'm feeling pretty confident I'll soon start making some progress poker-wise. That's all for now see ya

"ArtySmokesPS"'s blog http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/?idblog=20988









Comments

Popular Posts