July Review - Let August Begin!

July is over and it ended with a small score, mostly due to a couple of changes I made by the end of it. After half a year playing Zoom I decided just to give table selection a try and move back to the regular tables. Unsurprisingly with a little patience I did managed to get better results on those few sessions I could play before the month ended. I didn't play from the start of the month as I said on my last blog but tried to play as much as possible at the end. Now to the numbers.



# of hands played: 15,654 this month
# of sessions:
Current Bankroll: $ 147.73 (+23.94)
VPP Count: 128.79

The biggest downside of the regular tables is the low volume I get if I'm not playing a bunch of tables. I was playing only 4-6 at the time to try and table select better and be able to get away when the fish went away. So far I've had some decent results, maybe I was just on a heater but I think switching back to regular tables had something to do with it as well.

The plan for August is as simple as it gets:
  • Continue playing the regular tables and slowly add more volume. Most of the sessions I've played lasted only between 200 to 300 hands, only played a long session last weekend for 600 hands. The idea would be to try and get used to the pace of the regular tables and last longer to try and still aim for some VIP Stellar Rewards along side with the money made at the tables.
  • Move up to NL5. I'm very close to taking the shot ($150) but the idea is not only to get to NL5 but to stay there, I think that table selecting as much as I'm currently doing can allow me to stay there and finally be able to move up another stakes soon. A little luck along the way could come in handy.
  • Continue studying. I've been watching some videos on DragTheBar along with some other on Youtube and I've picked up a couple of things, I plan to continue doing so and look for leaks on those sessions I played on the regular tables.
Nothing too fancy, everything is pretty standard, all that's left for me to do is start the grind and fight for those results. I'm not going to add a target number of hands or VPPs because I'm not sure how many of those I can get playing regular tables. After the first week or so I'll probably get a rough number. I also decided to remove the progress bar on the right on the blog, I think it tends to be more distracting than useful, I'm aiming high still by the end off the month but I'll see when I get there.

On other news, I wrote a new blog for the PokerSchoolOnline since last time it was well received and was awarded with a ticket for The Big Bang Freeroll which is always nice. I think I'm dividing my time more efficiently between poker and gaming, neither one is feeling much like a shore now which helps with the motivation on both sides. I think that's pretty much for now, the first session of the month is going to happen this Saturday for which I'm aiming for a long healthy session. Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts