First half of August

For some reason I've stopped writing this update weekly and I'll try to work on that. Overall the results have not been impressive what so ever and neither has the volume but I'm doing the things I said I would. I was taking shots at NL5, getting used to the stake again and so far (outside of a little suckout by a fish) I'm doing ok on that regard. I'm trying to get more volume but it's obviously pretty hard to get as much as I did back when I was playing Zoom with only 6 regular tables, but at the end of the day I'm not going to really focus about that. So far the month looks like this.



# of hands played: 3,353
this month
# of sessions: 8
Current Bankroll: $ 155.91 (+8.18)
VPP Count: 58.8

My overall VPP count is dropping as well but it's to be expected since less volume = less rake, therefore less VPP. I need 141 VPPs to unlock another $10 reward now that I'm talking about it. The month started with a session at NL2 to make money to start playing NL5, since then I've only looked back once and it was only because I was too lazy to look for fish at NL5 and you find them a lot easier on the circus that is NL2.

I feel my game has been good overall and on these last couple of sessions I found a important leak on my game. At the start of the session I usually join tables with 2 or 3 people (when someone looks fishy of course) and start playing, sometimes all are fish and other there is only 1. I feel that given enough time I can outplay the fish heads-up or three-handed, sometimes they get lucky and that's ok as well since in my mind there's just more money to take from them. My issue comes when after they get lucky, the table gets full and I start going card-dead. My need to play pots with them push me into playing more hands (that I shouldn't) and I end up making more mistakes. The first solution I plan to take is injecting some logic statements and writing down some sentences to remind me that they are making the mistakes (by limping, overcalling, overplaying hands, etc) and by opening my range wildly against them I hurting myself.

Next session is happening this weekend, I'm going try and keep adding more volume to my play and getting better at my strategy as I feel I'm not defending my blind that effectively. I also won another ticket for the Big Bang Freeroll thanks to this post and I think the tournament is happening on Saturday, hoping for a deep run as always. Nothing more to add right now, I'm going to try and update the blog weekly as I'm supposed to, until then! it's time to grind!

Comments

Popular Posts