August review - first thoughts about September

The month ended on the positive side but not as positive as I would've hoped for, but as I say from time to time adversity is to be expected. Unfortunately the first session of September started with a loss but nothing to be that worried about. Let's start with the numbers to get that out of the way.



# of hands played: 6,090 this month
# of sessions: 16
Current Bankroll: $ 169ish (+6.52. +15 from bonus)
VPP Count: 100ish

Unfortunate to say that thanks to a bonus the BR didn't fall that much but honestly I haven't been spending a lot of time studying or even playing at all. The biggest issue lately has been the lack of motivation to sit and grind. I wrote down a couple of things to work on for this month.
  • Review hands and sessions. Take a moment each week to check on the sessions, both winning and losing one to look for leaks.
  • Add more volume. I always say this but I’ll try to do it this time, the problem is that I have to travel later this month to the States and I can’t play there, I'll try and make it up by playing some live poker but the stakes are higher. I’ll probably try and look for ways to practice my live poker skills.
  • Motivation. That one is key, I’m losing motivation way too fast lately. Things aren’t going my way and on the last sessions I played for the sake of doing it, those things mix together and the result isn’t great. Should I try and make meditation work? It’s a possibility but that one is hard. I need to look for things to help me with motivation, I’ve read some articles from poker players and that is helping.
Next session is happening on Saturday still at NL5, gonna look for ways to try and play on my best shape. A couple of good sessions at the start on the month could help me push it into a successful one, we'll see how it goes. Until next time!








Comments

Popular Posts