Internet problems, January so far

It’s been almost two weeks since my last update and there’s a good reason for it. Usually I write these things down directly on the website while I’m at work because there’s nothing better to do but since last Monday the internet is dead, after doing a little troubleshooting (and the lack of help from the horrible customer support) I came to the conclusion that the problem is the modem that’s not working properly. Haven’t found one around this place so the issue remains the same but at least I know what it is… Since I’m working and there’s no internet at work, it’s safe to say that my volume is kind of small but the good news is that my results are pretty decent.

Current BR: from €80 to €512.05
Cash Tickets: €13
Tournament Tickets: €18.02

For the first time the BR is over the €500 mark which is a new high for me ever. The results are a combination of several things that’s been happening in the past days. For starters I got into a contest on the 2+2 forums, I was given a NL4 ticket and the person who grinded it the higher would win. The thing started two Fridays ago and by Saturday my ticket was worth €20, unfortunately I couldn’t play on Sunday but managed to win 5th place for €10 (the winner had €30 on his ticket and I’m pretty sure I could’ve gotten there if I played, too bad). Since I had another NL4 ticket hanging around I decided to spend that week cashing both before moving back to the NL10 tables. To my surprise that Tuesday I cashed one of those tickets for €80ish euros and on the weekend I cashed the other one for €70ish, pretty sick noting it all started with a NL4 ticket. On one of the Unibet streams for some reason I asked mister Jamie Sikes if he played Hearthstone and it turned into a conversation about it, he decided to give away tickets for it but I wasn’t around to answer. By the time I got back it was over but still told him the answer (which everybody had a hard time knowing) but it was too late, people started asking random questions which I answered as well. At the end he sent me a message on Twitch saying that he was going to give me a ticket for my mad Hearthstone knowledge, first time I won something out of that game FeelsGoodMan.

On the Wednesday of that same week there was a €200 Freeroll from Sam Grafton (a tournament/cash player from Unibet), don’t remember the player pool but I think it was 100 people or something like that and after 2 and a half hours I was at the final tables, not bad for a cash player. At the end I finished 3rd for €21. On the weekend I played few more tournaments still making it into the money. Also played a tournament on Pokerstars because I had a ticket that was about to expire and cashed $8. Last but not least I cashed €15 from my welcome bonus which the next €40 in my sights, probably the last piece of it I can get as in 30 days I have left there’s not gonna be enough time to get the last part.

It was only last week when I started playing NL10 again with some decent results, not as crazy as those few sessions on NL4 but the idea is to continue moving forward. I’ve decided to take my shot at NL25 when I get to €600 which seems like a decent number since I don’t really want to spend more time than necessary at my current limit. The plan would be to continue grinding from today until this Wednesday (as I don’t play on Thursdays and Fridays) and if my internet gets fixed at work play during the afternoon all days until Saturday. I’ll be missing a week due to a travel I had scheduled but still feel pretty confident I’ll get to €600 before leaving. If possible, although unlikely, I’ll play some live poker during that time for a change. Long enough update already, gonna work hard and maybe I’ll update the good news at the end of the week before leaving. Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts