Deja vu


I intended to have to post written and published last week but found myself experiencing something for the 3rd time this year and it came with a lack of internet and willingness to sit down to get things down. What I got that Monday was yet another blackout.


The feeling was pretty similar to the ones that came before, only that we felt better prepared in a sense. Not that it mattered anyway, can't really look at the bright side of such a shitty situation like that.

I suppose we could be grateful that it only lasted two days. Still, fuck this country.

Along with the blackout came the complete shutdown of my internet at both my home and the office. Due to the diligence of the provider to fix anything related to their services, I don't expect to get some internet again for a while. Either way, I began making plans to keep my mind busy and get something out of it in the end. The idea so far is to try and return to the poker tables and writing a little on the side.

For whatever reason, I was more productive in the writing department while I was also committed to playing for SpinLegends. Maybe I was more organized during those months or just found it easier to move between things but either way, I have to try and keep me both active and productive or I'll lose my mind. Some posts look good enough to publish but since I wanted to make them longer they sit around waiting for me to do something about it.

On the poker front, I plan to go back to playing cash games since is the format I know the most. The only problem being that I like to put in hours of play and without a stable internet connection, I'll be able to play just a handful of hours every other day at night and during the weekend. Will focus on looking into what site to play to make a trial run next week.

Finished reading the biography on Leonardo da Vinci finding him a very interesting man, came to appreciate and understand why he was a genius. Went back A Storm of Swords of which I'm only missing around 200 pages and could possibly finish it at the end of the weekend. Then I'll start with Conspiracy which arrived last week and really caught my attention after reading the introduction, as all of Ryan Holiday's I've read before it.

Been working out constantly again and found a schedule that works great for me, the only problem being my eating habits that are just getting worse. To top it all, my son's first birthday is coming up next week so the house is full of candies and whatnot, plus I'm weak when it comes to sweets and candies. Can't wait to get past that so we can start building a healthier kitchen.

This pretty much covers up the highlights of the last couple of days. Hope to return to all of my previous habits and my weekly updates of this blog. Could also start publishing my Medium stories here if I manage to go back into writing afterward. Once I set things up I'll go back to posting on Twitter and maybe add Instagram to the mix. More news coming up soon, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts