Going back to work


Last Friday I managed to get the internet working at the office, a rather slow connection but it will do to what I need to do. Plan to start my new poker journey this very week.

Photo by Marvin Meyer on Unsplash

After thinking about it I decided to start playing at 888poker. Looked for other options but not many allowed me to make deposits with Neteller, which is where I keep my playing money, and the others places I'd rather play do not allow players from my country (looking at you Unibet). Party Poker is another option but with stick with 888 for the time being, plus I have a $10 bonus to use on cash games so we'll see how it goes. Wpoker is another recommendation I got from a friend which I'm looking at after clearing the bonus on 888.

Because I haven't played in a very long time, cash games most of all, I'll start at NL2 and make my way up. Will not look to grind too many buy-ins for NL5 as I plan to focus on NL10 and take shots at NL20 and NL30 as soon as possible. Will also move back to using HM2 because I have the full version of it and not really planning on using my limited funds to get Poker Tracker any time soon.

As far as volume goes I can't really make an estimate just yet. I used to grind with 6 tables but that was a while ago and expect to have very low volume while I adjust to playing either way. After a few days of play I could start adding volume goals to the project.

Assuming my internet connection remains somewhat stable I plan to start publishing stories on Medium. Moving between poker and writing used to work before and hope it does again, for no other reason that I actually enjoyed doing it. Can also resume some courses I left pending on Udemy and maybe add Duolingo to the mix. Might seem that I'm overstretching but all are things I used to do without any issues and want to return to the good old days.

Managed to finish A Storm of Swords and Conspiracy soon after. Loved Conspiracy from start to finish though I'm a bit biased since I very much enjoy all of Ryan Holiday's book. Already borrowed and started A Feast for Crows and finished rereading The Obstacle is the Way which I left halfway through a few months ago, all while waiting for Stillness is the Key on October.

With that said I will go back to posting updates once a week. Will take it as a second form of journaling plus it helps me with my focus, if everything goes well you'll find me posting random stuff on Twitter again. Bringing a new blog post and possible a new Medium story next week, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts