April review

This past month turned out to be one of my best months in terms of results, also scoring my biggest winning session on NL5 that I can remember. If it weren't that I'm constantly withdrawing money, I could've taken several shots at NL10 already but it is what it is.

Photo by Markus Winkler on UnsplashAdd caption
Here's how the month went.


There weren't many losing sessions either, though I'm fully expecting it to backfire in May if I'm not careful (already happened in the first session of the month). The main goal has been table selecting a lot, marking players, and paying close attention to the HUD stats. Been also adjusting my 3bet ranges so I stop being punished that much by the regulars since they seem to 3bet me a lot especially when trying to isolate the recreational players. There are some advance pop-ups I was working on two years ago on HM2 that will come in handy, just need to finish them up this week and start using them.

There's a cool promo on 888poker that's been helping quite a bit as well, giving a bonus in tickets or dollars after winning with a particular hand every single day. I have no idea about which hand goes with what day but I'm usually getting it at the end of my session, does make a difference along with a few tokens I get to exchange for currency as well.

The power cuts are still happening but they move them to lunchtime, meaning I can actually get a decent night of sleep and that has helped a lot as well.

Finished reading Sword of Destiny last week and jumped into Stillness is the Key just because it seemed appropriate given the times we are living in. Next, I'm between Everything is F*cked and Atomic Habits.

The quarantine is still alive here and there isn't much we can do about it. There is also a shortage of car fuel that is getting to critical levels.

One thing I've noticed is that I'm getting up far later than usual, which is making a mess with my usual routine. I will try to start getting up early (6:30 am) starting next week. That will give me an extra hour to read or draft an article I've had in my head for several days already. That and also try to work out a little since I've been neglecting that part ever since the quarantine started.

Slowly getting back into journaling again. Trying to do it at night now to see if I can make it work once again. 

And that sums it all up. Let's see how May ends and when we'll be able to get back to some sort of normality. More news on the next update, until then!


Comments

Popular Posts