The downswing is real

Things weren't doing fine at all during the first half of this month. As I said last time, it didn't start very well so it was doomed to continue that way, especially after the good run I had in April.

Photo by Ussama Azam on UnsplashAdd caption
I was going up and down during the first week of the month until the losing sessions started to pile on. It got to the point where I had to drop down to NL2 since my BR got to $140. Even then the problems remained since winning at NL2 seemed impossible as well.

On the bright side, I wasn't bleeding money just wasn't winning either. The BR stayed at around the $140 mark so I was only losing 10 bucks.

This Sunday, I had a decent session on NL2 which allowed me to move back up to NL5 but nothing good has happened so far. The last two sessions ended with me breaking even on the first one and losing a buy-in on the latter.

Yesterday for instance, I found myself making some idiotic calls against bad players even though I knew they had it. Which is the same to say, I wasn't playing my best.

At least I've been reading a few articles here and there and really working on my 3 bet ranges. Also, started reading seriously Poker Math That Matters to try and finished it to see what I can pick up.

Other than that my day didn't start very well. I got up with a little headache that is making me consider taking a day off from poker today. Taking breaks has been pretty hard. With all the losing sessions my mind has been focused on grinding past the downswing though it doesn't seem like a particularly good idea.

Continuing with my rereading path I went ahead and picked up The Mental Game of Poker 2. It's somewhat short so I'm already thinking about what to read next. Currently deciding between Atomic Habits, Everything is F*cked and Peak Performances.

Don't think there is much more to discuss right now. I'm working on getting a new internet service in my home which could be active in the next few weeks. That could potentially make my life easier so let's see how it goes. I have some ideas to improve the blog and resuming my usual posting schedule but can't seem to find the time—even though I'm not really doing much. Will try to get more productive in the next couple of days. Bringing a new update (maybe) next week, until then! 

Comments

Popular Posts