September review

 Things did not work out this month, unfortunately. I just couldn't win consistently and had to keep withdrawing funds from my BR because life doesn't care whether I win or lose. The problem was I think I took it a bit too far.



Somehow I managed to break even for the month, even if it seemed the month was doomed to end on red numbers. Despite that, the BR did suffer from all the before mentioned withdrawals so it stands at around the $50 mark. That and the fact my sessions were not as constant also led to a pretty low volume month. With that BR I'm staying at NL2.

Yes, I know I let the BR drop a bit too far but it wasn't a particularly easy month for me.

I had a terrible mood throughout the whole month, especially during the 2nd half of it. I was sleeping but not resting. Things weren't doing great at work and the expenses kept piling on. Overall, I was under a lot of stress and I wasn't handling it correctly.

Had a talk with my wife about it and started doing some research about what to change for the better.

On the weekend, we received some packages from my brother with a bunch of presents for me son and we got the tablet I bought with the money from the tables. Even though I've been buying groceries constantly with that money, it is nice to have this tablet my son is loving and remind myself I was able to get it with my hard work at the poker tables.

Plan to build up the BR to at least $100 before planning the weekly withdrawals again.

Now, it came to my attention that I'm truly out of shape. The lack of physical activity obliviously has something to do with it along with the big amount of cookies I'm consuming while playing poker. Part of the plan for October is to start getting back in shape and reduce the number of unhealthy snacks I'm eating.

On the learning part, I've kept my streak alive on Duolingo and I'm making progress on the Udemy course so that part is looking good. I haven't touched Poker Math that Matter, ironically at the same part I left it the last time years ago.

I know reading books on the laptop is not something I enjoy but this is pure laziness on my part.

I did pick up again Conspiracy by Ryan Holiday as the book to keep me busy while also finishing with the 2nd book I have from DragonLance. Reading a lot of the latter every morning so I plan to finish that one up before diving fully into Conspiracy for the 2nd time.

A little later than usual but this pretty much sums up the month. Will start working on the things on my list and will bring a new update next week definitely. Until next time!

  • Play 25k hands.
  • Build up the BR to at least $100.
  • Keep doing the Duolingo lessons on German.
  • Watch at least one video of the Unreal Course per day.
  • Start reading again Poker Math that Matter.
  • Finish reading the DragonLance book.
  • Workout at least 3 times per week.

Comments

Popular Posts