Weeks 1 and 2 of October

 The month hasn't been doing well in terms of poker. I've had a series of losing sessions that left my BR at an all-time low so on the last session I had to drop to two tables to have some sort of safety net to fall on.

Photo by Nik Shuliahin on UnsplashAdd caption

Now, with less than $20 and what seems to be like a never-ending streak of losing my motivation to play is really gone.

Starting with the fact it wasn't really losing but bleeding money all over the place. Yes, there were certain spots where I got unlucky but there were also others where I just misjudged the situation and lost as a result.

Now I'm undecided between taking a break or push through the losing streak. Honestly, right now I'm moving towards the former.

I have some articles to read, including one about reviewing sessions and fixing leaks, but haven't found a way to get my head back in the game.

On a good note of these past few weeks, I received an invitation on Medium to apply to write for one of the sites there. Haven't written much since my last publication a few months ago but that certainly caught my attention and decided to give it a go. I have a few ideas to work on so I expect to publish something new by the end of the week.

During a visit to my parent's house on the weekend, I decided to scout around their library to see if there was anything interesting. To my surprise, I found five really good books. Two of them were on my Amazon wishlist so they were a great find. This is one of the subjects I plan to write about soon.

Other than the horrible sessions I've been having there isn't much to talk about. My goals of volume are not going to be met obviously but I'll focus on the positive side of things and is that I've been reading a lot lately. My next post will probably be a new story that I'll publish on this blog and on my Medium page, and the next update will be at the end of the month. Until then!

Comments

Popular Posts