Not winning but not feeling bad either

Talked to my coach last week about what to do about the sites to play and he told me that if I felt comfortable at 888 then I should do just that. Withdrew the money I had left on Tiger and my focus is on 888poker alone. Started losing some buy-ins there, between me doing some retarded plays (a little tilted) and villains sucking up on me (even more tilted) things weren't looking very good. My confidence was pretty low but managed to find ways to get some of it back.



Quick note, I deposited $200 and got $10 for free, then deposited $10 more and got another $10. Just wanted to point that out, meaning there are $30 that actually belong in my walled rather than the BR but I'll withdraw them when the time is right. Another thing to add is that I'm running a little below EV and I'm slowly climbing my way back up, in part due an article I read and the last session I had on Tuesday with my coach.

I'm a faithful follower of blackrain79's blog and his latest blog post he talked about ways to keep you motivated to play poker, the timing was perfect as I needed a little help in that regard. Before that I actually started reading The Mental Game of Poker 2 again and even though I'm only a few pages in the ideas on the book are becoming clearer as I move on.

On my coaching session we talked about 3-bet pots, he helped me design a new popup focused on 3-bet and made a few adjustments to the HUD adding a few helpful stats. At the end of the session he hooked me up with some hands to have more information on villains. Just played an smallish session before writing this blog, again missed a week of updates and it was entirely my fault. After lunch I'll try to play a little bit more although it might be hard due to the France vs Germany football game, which seems to be a pretty good game to watch. Overall I feel 888poker might be a good site to play and maybe I'll able to play some serious volume this time. Got to keep grinding, until next!

Comments

Popular Posts