Stress + injury + downswing = nothing good

I'm aware I missed my update last week but to be honest wasn't feeling very well to sit down and write, both emotionally and physically. Ironically I did play my fair share of poker but not doing it on the best way possible since, unfortunately, my personal life started to get in the way.


For the past 2 or 3 month I've had a little pain on my right knee that I was unwilling to look at until last week (with some pressure from my mother and gf) and it turns out I have a problem with the gristle on my knee cap. Obviously I started my treatment but along that came some extra unknown expenses in my soon to be new home and some extra stuff at work, so it's safe to say my head wasn't in the best place. Started using a meditation app called Headspace to help ease my mind and so far so good I think. Also started listening to podcasts again and the one I enjoyed the most was the interview Jared Tendler did to Mark Manson. The guy is just a blogger but after the podcast decided to check his blog and I got instantly obsessed with it, literally I can't stop reading all of his post and if I continue this way I'll probably just buy his book coming on September 21st. What's his blog about? He says and I quote "I am an author, blogger and entrepreneur. I write personal development advice that doesn’t suck. Some people say I’m an idiot. Other people say I saved their life. Read and decide for yourself". It's definitely worth while the read.

In poker, again volume has not been great but at least managed to get over that set back I had last week. Been having troubles getting in touch with my coach since either he has internet problems or I do but hopefully we'll sort something out to check some spots this weekend or so. Also decided to not push myself that much into playing; on Wednesday, for instances, I checked on the tables and since there wasn't really any bad players I just closed the software and did something else. Hope to hit a session today after lunch and have some decent ones during the weekend.

In order to expand my library from a bunch poker books and one thermal-dynamics book I decided to purchase something different that caught my eye called Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World. I listen an interview with the author months ago and it kind of hit me so I'll give it a go, should arrive in the next couple of days or so.

I covered pretty much everything that needed to be covered so I'll just leave like this. Nothing else to do but to keep working and keep grinding, until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts