Too many bad news, hating life again FeelsBadMan

I got into playing without checking my results and it was a pretty good feeling, not trying to say that I wasn't making any mistakes because I was, but overall I felt that the only thing that mattered was the process of playing itself and not the results, which was pretty liberating to be honest. Sadly enough, that same week things started to go downhill and I'm not actually talking about poker.


Two weeks ago I had an appointment with another doctor to check on my knee since I felt I needed another opinion, had the MRI done and the next day I went there. In my mind I was kind of waiting for maybe an injection, a few pills and I'll be good as new, big mistake. Long story short, in this doctor's opinion, I'll have to get surgery to remove an object that has settled behind my knee cap and it's causing me the pain I've been complaining about. Didn't sound like that much of a big deal but I was very overwhelmed by the news, even more that I'd care to admit. Took me the rest of the day to make my peace with it and I'm currently looking into yet another doctor to have a definite opinion and, if needed, have the surgery done by the end of the year.

As if that wasn't enough last week, after playing a smallish kind of session, my laptop literally died. Tried a few things and started running a little diagnosis and by the looks of it either a) the chipset got separeted of the mobo or b) the mobo itself died. In my mind both of those options mean that I need to get a new laptop, unfortunate since my brother just got back from a trip to USA and could've brought me a new laptop if my old one was kind enough to die during that week.

Overall I felt that things were happening way to close to each other and didn't allow me to catch a break and put my thoughts together. On the bright side my brother got me another book I was waiting for, The Subtle Art Of Not Giving a Fuck from Mark Manson (the guy I talked about on this blog), it wasn't a long book but it was a very good one. Finished it yesterday already.

I'm currently borrowing my mom's laptop to continue playing while I look into a new one but it's more likely that I'll get it next year when I travel. Results wise? I seriously have no idea how I'm doing, hopefully I'm getting some back and pushing forward but won't check until the end of November. Internet at my house is still not working correctly, which makes things at home more difficult but hope it gets fixed soon enough. Now that the blog is out of the way I'll try to play a little session, until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts