Working on improving

I've been on a very bad mood lately and I haven't really looked into the source of it. Thinking about it I'm pretty sure it's because of stress from work, a recent pain that came back on my knee, the car breaking down during the weekend and not running very well at the tables to name a few.


Still missing sessions here and there unfortunately, and the sessions I do play aren't very long. Would love to say that I'm burned out and need a break but there hasn't been enough play for me to say that. Also I think I've missed the last two or three Saturdays of play, to think that I do my longest sessions during the weekends I've been missing a lot of volume. Haven't even been to the gym regularly either, that could also be affecting my mood a bit.

My knee started to hurt again recently, the therapy was helping me a lot but I couldn't have them done constanly (which is a big deal according to the therapist). Not because I didn't want to do them (because I do) but because of things outside of my control, like the fact they didn't work on some of the days I was supposed to have them. Had fifteen sessions scheduled, three sessions per week. On the past three weeks I only got one on each. Been doing them on the free clinic of my town, which explain all the problems I've been having. Now I have to check with the doctor again to have a few more, that or find somewhere else to do them.

Back on poker I need to start studying again, have to do better than just reading an article here and there. Been thinking about giving podcasts a try once more. My problem with them is that I find it too hard not to get distracted, I'd rather watch videos or read articles but I've listened  to a few and when I'm actually focused on the task they're pretty great. Since I have next Monday off because of Labor's Day I hope to get back to playing some solid sessions. Will try and add more volume in the next couple of days. After reading a few non poker related books I think it's time to get back to poker, will focus on finishing Poker Math That Matters which has been on my to do list for quite a while now. On my way to the clinic and then playing some poker after lunch.

Comments

Popular Posts