Turns out it's not easy

After spending so much time playing mostly NL10 and NL20, I just realized how hard NL5 turns out to be. I tend to take for granted that people are bad and I'll just make money and move up fast, but that was not the case at all.

Photo by energepic.com from Pexels 

That being said, there's a mental issue also in the middle of it.

I started overplaying the shit out of hands again, mostly because (again) I'm not giving enough credit to the nits and the fish.

Obviously, I want to get out of NL5 as soon as possible but I'm hurting myself and slowing my progress with this mindset.

Took the day off on Saturday but pushed into playing yesterday, even though I didn't want to and found myself losing to everything. Lucky villains and bad plays so more of the same I suppose. Taking into account the number of hands I've been playing and personal situation I decided to start counting goals for March. Will also write personal goals keep me in check.

- Play at least 20k hands.
- Read at least 3 poker strategy articles per week (or videos).
- Mark and review hands once per week.
- Hit the gym at least 4 times per week, do cardio at least 5 times per week.
- Only eat junk food and candies once per week.
- Finish reading Ego is the Enemy.

Not adding weight goals for my fitness journey even though since my last doctor's appointment I've lost almost 4kg (was at 81 which was the highest I've ever been). Hoping to drop some more weight to finally get rid of my belly.

Overall I think I'll just focus on 888 but will update if I change my mind. Also thinking about getting more involved with Spins but haven't figured much out.

The situation in the country is also a stress factor that's bothering more and more but that's a story for another time. Will start working with this and I'll keep the updates coming each week, daily updates and random thoughts on Twitter.



Comments

Popular Posts