Time to move up!

I did my best to commit to the goals I had set for the month and, so far, I could say things are looking good. Unfortunately, last week also came with a bit of controversy that had nothing to do with me personally but affected the stable I'm currently a part of.


Turns out that one of the co-owners and founding members, who became famous after completing an unbelievable challenge, was cheating during that challenge. I don't need to explain the whole thing as it's all around the forums I'm sure, the thing is that there are several members who as leaving the stable after those events.

Personally, I've been debating what to do.

To be fair, I didn't join SpinLegends because of him. A friend recommended the stable, I looked it up, seemed good and decided to join. Honestly, I wasn't even aware of the whole challenge and stuff (might be the only one) so I wasn't that upset about the whole thing. Do I find it wrong that he cheated and got famous and/or rich out of it? For sure. Do I give a fuck about the guy and what is happening or could happen to him? Fuck no. 

So far my experience with the stable, as limited as it is, hasn't been bad at all. For the time being I will continue working and improving (while I decided on my future), but I respect the people who feel cheated by the whole thing and end up leaving the group. I do hope they stay on the Discord channel because they are pretty good people to talk to.

Anyways, back to business.

Spins graph for June

Overall spins on .25

Current BR: $15
Winnings: +5
Number of Spins: 500
Avg. Buy-In: $0.25

Finished my first 500 spins on the .25s last Friday and got confirmation to move up to the $1 tables today. Didn't play a single spin during the weekend because I didn't want to play more spins on .25 and got the green light for $1 tables a little late.

I still don't have internet at home (big surprise, right?) and it wasn't my fault, it's just that luck is not always on my side. The modem I found was fried and I had no idea, at least I found another one which is just waiting to be activated. Apparently, today is the day it will finally be ready but we'll have to wait and see.

If that gets working I can actually think about getting to the $3 tables before the month ends.

As far as the goals go, I'm looking good in most of them. Finished reading The Daily Stoic on Saturday and really loved the book, looking to find out more about the philosophy and its practices. Started reading another book I got during my last trip called 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson. Will give my opinion about it after I get farther into it.


Watched 3 or 4 training videos, not looking bad in terms of volume and I feel motivated because I'm moving up stakes. Missed two days of workout because of work-related stuff but I hope things get back to normal this week.

Just waiting for Pokerstars to update the restriction so I can start playing. As always, updates and rants can be found on my Twitter. New blog post coming up next week, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts