Starting to look better

I couldn't quite keep up with the schedule I had in mind but managed to get some things done throughout the week despite the many issues that keep appearing out of the bloom.

Photo by Matteo Di Iorio on Unsplash



I didn't play every day but had a decent couple of sessions here and there, giving a boost to both my BR and my motivation to play. Sitting at $181, making it very possible to break through the $200 mark this week.

Overall, I've been working on my 3 bet ranges and keeping my opening ranges in check. I noticed I was over calling out of position just to get in a pot with a fish only to get outmaneuvered by the other villains at the hand. Sometimes it feels I'm playing too tight but it has proven to be the correct play more times than not.

I will continue making tweaks here and there, and maybe actually write down what my ranges look like for further studies.

On the reading front, I'm very close to finishing A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms enjoying quite a lot the change of pace from the previous books. It feels more like an adventure than a set of conspiracies and betrayals from the main storyline. In doing so I paused my read of Meditations at Book 5 to stop dividing my focus and just go one book at the time.

On Friday I read a story on Medium by Tom Krueger that inspired me to try to do something about my inconsistencies with writing. I stopped publishing because I wanted to make longer stories but couldn't find the time or energy to do so.

Starting today, I plan to publish one new story on Medium every day for the whole week.

The idea behind it is to actually sit down and write shorter posts and hit the publish button. I have a few ideas that are just a title on my Evernote app without content which is where I'll start.

Since I still have no internet at home I'll probably write it down and edit today and then publish the next day.

Things are still breaking down spontaneously at home but I'm trying to not let it get the best of me. There's material for a post along those lines but will have to sit down and so my writing to know for sure.

 Leaving this update at that. I will try to continue the playing streak to try and get to NL10 sooner rather than later. Bringing a new update next week, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts