2019 review

The year went by without even realizing it, a lot of things happened and I only feel sad about not being able to end where I wanted to.

Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash



I was still playing spins when the year started having some big hopes about the future until the blackouts hit the country and it all went straight down from there. Came to the point where I decided to take an indefinite break from poker. It lasted close to three months before I got everything ready to start playing again on my own. This time it was cash tables once again.

Had a few ups and downs but ended on the positive side of things. The sad part was that I had to take some of my funds from Neteller to buy stuff I needed so I pretty much have all of my playing money on 888poker. I have some points to trade for cash but haven't decided if it is better to leave them there to speed my progress to NL10 or take them out as insurance. Either way, I hope to continue the winning streak in 2020.

I had a small trip planned in December to Bogota to renew my tourist visa to the US and take the opportunity to do some sightseeing around the city since it's my first time visiting. I stayed with my brother in law so it took a lot of weight from my shoulders money wise. Unfortunately, I had no idea there were restrictions to play online poker in Colombia resulting in no poker since my last update.

It was as sad as it gets, especially since I had a very good internet connection and lots of time to devote to poker but it wasn't meant to be.

I'm back home now and the economy in the country has reached new levels of crazy with the prices of things going up from morning to afternoon time. People have been moving slowly into using dollars so getting some side income from poker would be ideal.

Along with bonuses, the BR is $241. Haven't played in two weeks so moving up to NL10 at $250 will depend on how I'm feeling about my game in the next couple of sessions.

For the moment, there isn't much more to talk about. Will define goals after the next couple of sessions to see how much volume I get to play without interruptions. There's still no internet at home so I'll have to rely on my phone for my grinding.

During my trip I only found one interesting book to get which was Fire & Blood. The narrative is quite different from the other books in the series but don't believe it's a bad thing, looking forward to moving forward with it.

And with that, I hope to start the year with a good footing. Feeling rusty in all aspects but plan to get back on my feet this week. Also hope to start getting in shape for the soccer tournament and just life in general. Bringing a new update next week, until then!

Comments

  1. Hi Jorge! Just a quick note to say I still read all your blogs, but it usually takes me a while to get round to catching up with them, as I have a massive list of saved links that I'm way behind with. I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts