Feeling tired


As expected, there wasn't much poker last week. I had just arrived from my trip to Bogota and I was more focused on returning to my usual routine than trying to be active on the poker tables but, despite that, I managed to play a session here and there.

Photo by Christian Erfurt on Unsplash

The electricity problems have been less severe than last year which allows me to move around my playing schedule without leaving home. Playing in the afternoon also leaves my nights open to sleep earlier or just spend time with my family. Still jumping from one time schedule to the other since my baby is the uncontrollable factor in all of it.

I managed to play three sessions last week with mixed results but I feel my game has gotten better. Still a little concerned with my 3-bet calling ranges, especially out of position. The solution would be to sit down and actually write them down just need to find the time and commit to doing it.

As far as this week goes, I've only played on Monday where I lost three buy-ins and left the tables. A mix of fish getting super lucky with a flip that didn't go my way pushed me into taking the rest of the afternoon.

So far I've been feeling way too tired by 7/8 pm. I'm usually an early riser but I've found myself sleeping for more hours on the weekend and not feeling as rested as usual. The lack of physical activity could be one of the problems along with the stress from this month that has been terrible at work, the first one easier to solve than the latter.

Making arrangements to return to the gym next month but in the meantime, I'll work on doing something at home to keep myself active and hopefully my energy levels will return in due time.

Already halfway through Fire & Blood and it's amazing how, despite being very different from the other books in the series, it keeps you hooked all the way through. My only wish is that George R. R. Martins finishes the whole thing soon enough.

Leaving it at that for there isn't much more to talk about. Let's see what this week brings though it didn't start the best way. Bringing a new update next week, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts