Week 2 of June

It seems that I'm finally in a place where it's possible to get good results at the tables, but I'm still suffering from my constant need to beat the fish. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it sometimes lead to situations where, even though I'm ahead most of the times, it makes losing to those one outers more frustrating than ever.

Photo by Patrick Hendry on UnsplashAdd caption
As Nathan Williams says, the massive amount of bad beats you can find at these tables is the price we pay for playing against bad players. It doesn't make it any less painful but I have to put up with it.

Managed to make my way back to NL5, which in turn allowed me to participate in the Hand of the Day promo which sometimes reward me with a few bucks. Besides, the results aren't all that bad since I was able to make a withdrawal recently and the BR is still above the $150 mark.

The biggest difference right now in my play is that I'm playing back more in 3bet pots. The population seems to be abusing the use of aggression preflop so I had to adjust accordingly. It took me a bit to get used to it but I'm finally getting the hang of it.

I didn't take a day off last week but I'm making an effort to add an hour of rest before playing my session. Sometimes I have to sleep late because of problems with the electricity or just hanging out with my wife watching a movie so that nap after lunch is helping me recover a little. I'm still getting up at 6 every morning so I need to play with it so I don't deplete myself.

I finished reading Atomic Habits last week and I'm using it as inspiration to the post I'm writing for Medium. I keep adding a few lines when I have the time and might publish it this week.

Back when I was twelve, I purchased two books that were a compilation of short stories about dragons in the fictional world of Krynn. Back then, I got them because the cover art was cool but never got to read them. Decided to pick them up before continuing rereading the books in my library and I'm feeling very much entertained by them. It feels like a D&D adventure to be honest.

Still no internet at home and now no internet in the office. Just using my phone is starting to get expensive but it has pushed me into reducing my use of social media, especially Instagram. I'm still playing Saint Seiya Awakening but I'm close to the point of feeling bored by it, we'll see how much longer I'll continue playing.

The plan for the week is to switch the day off for the hour of rest in the afternoon to see how it goes. That and continuing with the progress in Poker Math that Matters. Other than that, there's not much more to discuss.

Will continue studying, reading articles, improving my strategy and more importantly, working on my mental game. Bringing more news soon and probably a new article this week. Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts