July review

The month went ok despite a few setbacks I faced in the same week of my last update. A horrible losing session that pushed me back real hard. In the end, I found a way to move past that and the month ended on the positive side of things but not in a spectacular way,


Unfortunately, most of the goals for the month weren't met but not by much.

I played a little over 27k hands last month, 3k short of the goal for the month. It happened because I have a new schedule with the electricity cuts. It starts at around lunchtime until 4 or 5 pm and I usually start my session at 3 until 6:30 more or less. That means, I'm losing around an hour and a half of play because I can't push my finishing time any longer. On top of that, I took the weekend off because it was my birthday on Saturday and I felt like I needed a break. All in all, I feel I can make better this month.

Upon trying to make a little withdrawal I realized something I wasn't really paying attention to and that is the way to cash out all the bonuses I have hanging around thanks to the Hand of the Day promo.

It turns out, 888poker has a new policy regarding those bonuses. Before all the bets were done using the bonuses first and then the cash balance, now it's the other way around. Basically what it means is that with my BR of a little over $100 plus $50 bonuses it would be impossible for me to even start to cash those bonuses. At that point, I decided to withdraw all my funds—forsaken $10 of bonuses in the way— in order for me to play to cash all I have there.

Obviously, the BR went down to $40 something so I had to move back down to NL2 for the time being. After a few sessions, the cash balance started to grow again, and playing NL2 just wasn't enough money to start using the bonuses again so I had to add NL5 tables with my very limited BR just to continue spending the bonuses. This continued all the way to the point where yesterday I had to take my first shot at NL10 in years just to continue using the bonuses, but the session went well. Turns out there is plenty of fish at NL10 as well.

As promised I did publish a post on both Medium and this blog though it was at the very end of the month. I didn't touch the post for over week nor have I continued with Poker Math that Matters. Been pretty lazy in that regard, unfortunately. 

The plan for this month is to get back on track in terms of productivity and continue cashing the bonuses. I feel motivated because of how well the session went yesterday but if I let it get over my head I'll probably lose track of what I'm doing. So I'll stick to playing to the best of my capabilities and see how things can go for me this month. Will end with the goals for July and will bring a new update sometime next week, until then!

Goals for July:
  • Play 28k hands.
  • Cash up all the bonuses.
  • Take one day off per week.
  • Finish reading Poker Math that Matters.
  • Write one new post for Medium and publish it in this blog as well.

Comments

Popular Posts