Week 1 of July

The first few sessions of the month went pretty well. Given the situation, I've been playing NL10 almost exclusively for the past few days.

Photo by XPS on UnsplashAdd caption

On the weekend I had a particularly good session plus I received a big bonus with the Hand of the Day promo so, after withdrawing all my funds again, I still had over $140 in bonuses to continue the grind at the NL10 tables.

The whole process of trying to collect those bonuses allowed me to realize just how many fish you can find at higher limits. You still have to table select a lot but it's definitely worth it. I had a losing session here and there, but it's been more winning than losing so it seems to be working out in the end.

I've noticed that I tend to lose my patience very early in the session if I'm not mentally prepared to play for a few hours. I pushed me into playing in a bit of a fast pace, trying to win something big quickly in order to have an excuse to quit for the day. That is the challenge I'm facing at the moment, which by itself gives me other problems like the annoying feeling I get with the regulars that keep 3 betting the shit out of me. Nothing to be too worried about if I can manage to focus on just playing my best.

With the whole good run I've been experiencing I decided to add a little something to the goals of this month.

My wife downloaded a few learning apps on her phone for our baby. He's learning very fast and I would like to get him a tablet as soon as I can get a few orders that I have standing by on the US because of the pandemic. So I decided to use the money earned on the tables to get it. Haven't figured out the details yet but it's something I want to do. Plus it serves as motivation to show up at the tables and stop making up excuses.

On another note, I did manage to resume Poker Math that Matters so it's all coming together.

I haven't even started writing something new for Medium yet but there are a few ideas that I can explore.

On the rest of my time, I'm playing Resident Evil 2 on my PC. My brother lent it to me on Steam and I'm finishing the 2nd run to start Resident Evil 3. So far it's been fun and it gives a distraction from the rest of the day. Still playing Saint Seiya Awakening but I'm getting bored, mostly because I've been just grinding until the next banner on Wednesday because I want to get that saint.

And that sums it all. I'll continue playing NL10 and studying as much as possible. My updates have been sporadic but will try to keep posting them weekly. Bringing a new post, hopefully, next week. Until then!

Comments

Popular Posts