Guess we're back again

I stopped writing this blog for the wrong reasons I guess. I used to be very excited about it but suddenly I decided it wasn't really worth the effort to dedicate a couple of minutes every other week to write this. Just finished reading Nathan "blackrain79" Williams's newest blog entry and I feel he's very right. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if there were many people reading this blog, as long as it helps me keep my goals tracked the rest shouldn't really matter, right?



Another thing was that since then and to this day I'm writting blogs on www.pokerschoolonline.com; due to the fact that it is a poker page it's easier to write about it because, at the end of the day, everybody else is doing it also. Usually I write there any other motivational blog and other times I just write about my current state on the game, my profile and blog for the PokerSchool can be found here.

I have to add that since the last time I wrote a blog here I've been putting more work on my game; I've read more books, try to be active at the hand discussions forum, watch more videos.

Anyways, January already started and I've been spending a lot of time at the tables. I usually break down my goals and objective on a monthly basis and so far the look like this:

  • Continue grinding the 5NL tables. This is the current stake I'm playing; been having some problems moving up, last year I felt that my sessions weren't long enough and wasn't really working that much on my game. Since I have a trip planned for the last week of January I've been trying to play more hours to try and compensate for that. Moving between the Zoom tables and the regular ones. 2k hands per session is the current goal for this month.
  • Get the Silver Star Status. According to my current VPP count, the amount I get playing a session of Zoom for 2k hands and the number of sessions I have before my trip this one seems doable as long as I play all of the 10 sessions I have planned before I leave.
  • Finish up the stream settings. For a while now (and to be honest, before even xflixx started) I've been thinking about the possibility of me streaming my poker sessions on Twitch.tv. It's not that I have to do something that different to what I'm currently doing, and maybe I get some exposure to people who enjoy this game and are also trying to move up through the micros. I've been a fan of Twich for a while now, mostly due to Hearthstone (a card game I also play) and other videogames.
  • Be more active at the hand discussion forum.
On the trip I'm getting the last couple of things for the stream, hopefully I'll start by the last week of February. This is my Twitch page.

Thanks to Nathan for all of the work he puts in his blog, videos, books; he has been the biggest source of information about microstakes I've got since I found his blog, keep up the good work!

Guess that's it for now, until next time! gl at the tables!








Comments

Popular Posts