April, things are starting to turn around

The month is ending faster than I could think about and a lot of things have been happening outside of poker that are pretty exciting, for me at least. But this is a poker blog so I'll talk about poker and then about the rest. There were a couple of issues that prevented me from playing on a couple of days (internet connection issues), and (to be honest) I haven't been trying to hit my volume goals. Mostly my sessions have been shorter because I was feeling bored and/or unmotivated, therefore I decided it was better just to quit before my game started to fall behind. But that means the quality of the sessions was better too, so far the graph looks like this.



# of hands played: 16,552 this month
# of sessions: 10
Current Bankroll: $ 225.05
VPP Count: 288.77 this month

The last couple of sessions were all about making the best possible decisions, even tho I didn't make the right call every single time I believe the balance is positive overall. I've been making some good calls on the right spots and some amazing lay downs, which to me is proof that something is working out. I posted a hand on the forum and received some good ideas for the next time I face a situation like that, I had a couple more to add but since they were hands that we could call meaningless (folded on the flop or preflop) and I didn't mark them they got lost in the bunch, Things this past weekend were pretty standard and straight forwards so there was nothing that needed real attention but still got to check it out.

On the unrelated matter I was talking about there's a lot going on with super hero movies and movies in general (I'm a fan) and the past week in that matter was great. Starting with Marvel's Daredevil, a great tv show which just felt like a 13 hour long movie, I really hope this Daredevil finds its way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A new trailer for Star Was Episode VII: The Force Awakens which was epic and not just for the appearance of some characters from the original trilogy, the look of it and the stages look amazing. The official trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice that was supposed to screen today but after it was leaked they released it early and today we'll see an extended version, I really hope this movie is good; Batman looks great, Ben Affleck really put in a lot of work for the role but only time will tell.

Enough role-playing, need to continue playing. I'm getting my BR back to where it was and that is the moment when things start to fall apart. I need to be mentally prepared to continue hitting the tables with my best play, I'm getting close again to the shot at 10NL, that is the most important thing right now. Success is only going to happen if I do the work, until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts