June already on its way

Things have been very crazy at work, I was hoping to get this update up this morning but I just couldn't. Now let's talk poker.

First third of the month and so far things are looking pretty well, haven't lost a single session so far (brag) and I'm feeling better than ever about my game. This might be the calm before the storm but might as well take as much as I can while I can.



# of hands played: 8,066 this month
# of sessions: 7
Current Bankroll: $ 184.83 (+45.94)
VPP Count: 153.99 this month

The volume isn't great, there were sessions that I decided to quit early because I was feeling tired or bored. It took me 3 sessions to get a decent score on 2NL to start taking shots again at 5NL. On the last session at 2NL I managed to get 7 buy-ins ($14) in just 600 hands, since I didn't want to spend more time that necessary at 2NL I just wrapped the session early and rewarded myself with some Witcher 3. Back at 5NL I started playing only 2 tables to try and be more aware, trying to think more about each hand. It didn't take long before I just fired up my usual 4 tables of Zoom and begun doing the same thing. I don't want to be a rake back pro by any means but still I have to add volume to my game if I want to get more practice with some things I've been picking up during my studies.

Speaking of that, I've been trying to work more outside of the tables. I've watch some videos from the Poker School and I'm always looking at hands reviews, I feel that I've improved in some things and that gives me more confidence. I have another video ready for tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I also joined Tiltbook, a social network for poker players, and so far the people are very nice. I've posted a couple of things and commented on others here and there, so far so good.

I don't know if I've said this before but I think I'm getting better, I feel more aware of things, now I'm usually trying to put people on certain hands, or just looking for spots to value bet, the thing is that I'm getting better at some spots of my game and that is a very good thing. I'm also thinking about coaching and I've found some candidates, I just need to make up my mind about it and see how to pay for them. Poker money should be used to poker things, but the rates I've found are pretty high... Maybe they'll pay for itself once I start improving more but that's a topic for another time.

I'm being more active with twitter and I kind of want to try and stream again, I didn't do it last time but I feel like giving it a shot, just need to find my spot. I'll resume playing this Saturday, hopefully I'll get a good big sized session to keep my spirit up. Next update should come by next Thursday, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts