Another day another issue

Been losing quite a few days of play because of work related stuff, but despite that managed to play some really good sized session so I'm proud of that. Playing in my house is turning into an impossible task with random internet disconnections and as in right now I have no idea how to fix the probem.




I started writing again on my notebook, like I said before it helps me a lot to release thoughts from my mind. I realized that I'm making one important mistakes over and over again, which is overplaying hands. It mostly happens with big pairs and tend to build big pots agaisnt the wrong kind of people, sometimes I do it against the right kind of players but over bad boards which at the end hurts me overall. On my last session on Sunday I placed a notepad with the line "STOP OVERPLAYING" on big letters just to keep that as a reminder of what I'm trying to work on that day.

On top of all the personal/health problems I had before, yesterday my right eye started to hurt. I realized there was a little bag building below my eye and it had me on a really crappy mood all day long. Started using some eye drops today and I'm already feeling better so hopefully, if there are no more issues, I'll resume play today.

Overall when there aren't any interruptions I've been able to play longer sessions that before, moving from 1-1.5 hours to 2-3 hours per session. The best part is that I wasn't really aiming to play that much, it just happened. Not having to force longer sessions tells me that I can endure more time of play at a high level, although "high level" is pretty much relative to my skill level but I'll take it as a win. I have quite a few hands to review but unfortunately haven't been able to get a session with my coach, hopefully we'll be able to get something workout in the next few days. Moving forward with the book Deep Work as it's turning into something pretty interesting, already half way there and looking for my next book to buy. Other than that I'm still in the look for a new laptop but the list is smaller than before. Hope things continue to improve, I'll be back next week with another update.

Comments

Popular Posts