Life's not getting better. Spoiler Alert: This is a rant post

I've been following the idea of no checking the results on the tables, did it for two weeks... Until Sunday... The internet was working well on my house so decided to try and fire a session, sad enough after a few minutes it started failing again, but not before realizing something that pull me down completely and forced me to quit for the day.


Opened the 6 tables and started playing as usual. Lost a hand after some overplaying from my part (standard of me unfortunately), then lost another after the villain got lucky on the river, but then I realized that I wasn't getting the auto reload on the table so I started wondering why... Couldn't help myself so I had to check. Turns out I had dropped 10 buy-ins since the last time I checked. Would be lying if I said I wasn't shocked and/or surprised but in the bad way. Had to quit for the day, was feeling too down about it, couldn't understand since it didn't feel as I was losing that much... But I was wrong.

I was down to my last (almost) 6 buy-ins and had to figure stuff out. I talked to my girlfriend, wrote down on my journal, cooled down for the rest on the day. I know my mental state is way too attached to my results, that's why I stopped checking the results after all. On Saturday I was reviewing some hand and it turns out I was making better decisions and fewer mistakes, so why can't it show on my results?

Anyways, came back to the tables yesterday and only played 2 at the time. Was a bit worried I'd get too bored and start overplaying too much but it didn't happen, that much at the very least. Didn't check the results but I'm sure I made some profit, don't know if it was one buy-ins or two but I played well and green numbers in my mind is all I need right now.

What now? I'm leaving for 4 days next week on a mini vacation so I'm not checking the results until the day before I leave, in the mean time the plan is to only play 2 tables at the time. My volume is gonna suffer a lot by it but there's nothing else I can do right now while I get back on my feet. Now that the little rant is out of the way (sorry but I warned this was a rant post) I can get back to focus on doing things better. More news coming next week, until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts