2017: Goals and thoughts

Was planning to write the post earlier on the week but since it was my last week off from work decided to just grind as much as possible while I had some free time to spare. Had several good sessions and the BR is growing very fast and I'm as happy as I could be right now.

Had the opportunity to review some hands this weekend and I'm feeling pretty good about the way I've been playing. Few things to point out with my sizing and stuff, but overall there's been improvement so that's definitely a good thing.

Now that the vacations are over it's time to re arrange my schedule once again. The games get too good at around 1pm my time so I guess it's time to go back to the laptop, the issue is that the volume will suffer a lot since 4 tables is the most I can play with that screen size. Currently thinking if I should just focus on one session in the afternoon or try and add a 2nd one during night hours when there still seem to be good games going on. Will evaluate this week before making my decision.

Wrote down my goals on a notepad and are pretty simple and straightforward, they go as follow:

- Take shots at NL25 in the first 2 months of the year, if it doesn't happen write down why. By the looks of it this will happen soon. Decided to do it when I get 20 buy-ins ($500) and take a 3 buy-ins shot, if I fail I'll just drop down to NL10 again to rebuild.
- Get the knee surgery. Non poker related but very important. Already in talks about it and will hopefully have it during February. It's just something I don't to put off any more.
- Get in shape, lose the belly fat. Been talking and thinking about for a while now and never seem to finally work towards it. Plan to work out hard as always this month but I think I'll probably take things far more seriously after I'm done with the surgery and the recovery.
- Read a non poker related book. I've been feeling like it helps me to move my mind away from the game, plus it's always nice to add others things to my library.

Poker related I don't really want to think that ahead, current thoughts are getting to NL25. I feel  that NL25 is the first level where you can get some decent profit and I'm both excited and a bit scared. I know that the first shots are most likely to fail but getting there alone is a victory in my mind and don't plan to stop until I get there for good. NL50? It's out there, started thinking about it recently but in the meantime NL25 is my main focus. Was also planning to add some volume goals but I want to first check how many hands I get to play this month to have an idea of a realistic goal for next month.

After this month I'll re evaluate the goals and adjust where needed. Next update coming next week.

Comments

Popular Posts