The word is Disaster

Disaster is the best word I could find to describe my current situation at the tables. Again I'm back to old habit and I've been value betting myself way more than usual. I should add that every single time my opponent had the best hand in his range and me, a pretty strong hand which I couldn't find a way to let go.

On top of things the funiest thing happened yesterday. The mission yesterday for the promo was to win a hand with pocket 8s, took me 1800 hands to see that hand for the second time and only managed to win because I ran a pretty bad triple barrel bluff that somehow worked. Ended 7 buy-ins downs on one of those days where everything that could go wrong went wrong.

I'm having the knee surgery this Wednesday and it could have something to do with my bad play or not, but because of that I decided to take a break for the next few days until I'm done with it. Will of course try to finish the missions every day but won't play my usual cash game sessions. Even though it is a rather simple procedure I can't help to feel nervious, pretty sure a few days off will do wonders to me, last time I did it on November it worked perfectly.

Sadly enough I'm currently even on cash games after being so far ahead (20 buy-ins or so), the only thing keeping the BR ahead has been the money from the promo and I few wins on SNGs. That also puts me down a bit but I'm pretty sure that after I get rid of the stress from the surgery I'll be able to think straight again and hopefully get out of this hellish situation at the tables. Will post some, hopefully, good news next week about both my personal situation and the results at the tables.

Comments

Popular Posts