Time to rebuild

After a few ok-ish sessions at the NL20 tables the worst happened and I lost a few buy-ins, so  I decided that is was better for me to go back to NL10 to get back up. I found myself making many costing mistakes and playing way too passive, which at the end of the day made me lose a few buy-ins.


Missed a few sessions last week because I wasn't feeling up to the task, played on Saturday a session that could've gone better but had to settle with making less than a buy-in. I found people on NL20 far more aggressive, annoying the shit out of me with 3bets to which I had no real answer at first. Even though I feel I've expanded my ranges there's work to be done. The BR is ok at $486, plan to play up to $500 again and take another shot at NL20. In the meantime the idea would be to set a default range for my 3bets overall (including calls/4bets/folds) so I stop guessing.

It's been a bit hard lately to find motivation, could be because I don't usually take breaks from play or maybe my mind is just wandering around to much. Either way I looking into it, playing without the proper mindset has proven to be a huge leak I plan to avoid.

On other news I've already had 6 therapy sessions on my knee in the past two weeks and so far I seem to be improving. The swelling around the area is starting to fade and I've been walking better so I'm feeling happy on that regard. Still reading non poker related books and looking forward to get some more, paperback versions as I already spend quite a few hours in front of a screen so no need to add more. I have a few books on my wish list (both poker and non poker related) so I might get a new one soon. Starting working out again (only upper side) and have a few supplements I could use but my diet is almost non existant at the moment so it would be a huge waste, really need to start taking better care of it. Will bring more news next week.

Comments

Popular Posts