Up we go! NL20

As I said before I spent last week playing only NL10 while I got the final couple of buy-ins needed to be happy and play the next lvl with a proper BR. Turns out 888 do not offer NL25, they go from NL10 to NL20 to NL30 and NL50 (on the lower side of stakes) so my next level was indeed NL20. Got what I needed on the very first days of the week only to lose a bunch of the on friday during my first 30 minutes of play (5 freaking buy-ins), still my BR was over $500 so I was ready to go for it.


Didn't play on Saturday because I had plans with my gf but on early Sunday I got ready to hit the tables. It was a rather hard start because of me being a bit nervious and  trying to figure out what to do about my sizings. Overall I made a buy-in after going up and down for a while, also played my longest session to date for almost 4 hours. After playing that session I feel confident enough to say that it's pretty much NL10 but with more money, there are still plenty bad players hanging around but the down side is that there are far less tables. Current plans are to continue grinding at that stake for the next couple of days and try to get the BR over $600  before going to NL30, on Sunday I added a table or two of those to try and get the 6 tables running and it wasn't a good idea. Made a few costing mistakes during Sunday and today so I need to get everything figured out if I aim to get past that stake fast.

The biggest thing I got from all of it is that moving past this and up to NL50 is actually pretty possible so that's my new goal. After spending so long in NL10 it feels like an improvement to be thinking about playing NL50. Now, I actually hope I can settle in there for good but there's still some road to get through before that. On other topic I got yet another book which I already finished (in less than a week), it was Ego is the Enemy and it was a fantastic read, looking forward for more books like that. Now I'm back to Thinking Fast and Slow. This pretty much sums things up, will continue playing and hope to get some good results during the next couple of days. More updates coming next week.

Comments

Popular Posts