Back from the trip and ready to work

Last week I came back from my trip to Vegas, it was a satisfying, relaxing and very much needed vacation. The best part was that my knee behave perfectly and it was my girlfriend that was asking for a break of walking from time to time. Overall I fulfilled most of my objectives and feel ready to start this second half of the year with lots of motivation.


One of the main objectives was getting a laptop and I did! A pretty good laptop released on 2017 so I'm hoping it'll last me for quite a while unless I get unlucky like it happened with the previous two. So far it's moving great so no doubt it will perform great with poker.

I wanted to meet up any poker player or any celebrity out there while in Vegas but it wasn't meant to be. Mostly I spent the whole morning and afternoon walking around the strip and by night I was already burned out. The next day I saw on Instagram that Joey Ingram, for instances, got out of his house at midnight or a bit after that and I was already sleeping by that time. Still on a no drinking policy too, only had one drink the whole trip and I had to basically beg my gf to let me have it.

Only managed to play poker once in the Planet Hollywood but lost $90 in the process, not happy but not too hung up on it either. It was a 1/2 game and the people were playing as it was 2/5 in terms of the bets, probably should've gotten up earlier but what can I say.

Back at home, I was feeling pretty motivated, wanting to put all the need info on the laptop and start grinding. Played a bit on the weekend with a winning session on Saturday and a losing one on Sunday. The BR is currently at $412 and I want to take advantage of my current levels of motivation to grind as much as possible. Will have to take it slow at first, due to the week off I'll have to slowly get my game back to a good level but I do hope to get back to taking shots at NL20.

Another important part I've been neglecting was my diet, as in I wasn't taking care of it at all. I have a dieting and training program/system I got last year but haven't started, will spend this week figuring out exactly what my current diet looks like in terms of calories and macros and move forward from there. Had to clean up my diet a bit because of the meds I'm taking but on the trip, I was eating very badly. Need to drop the excuses and work towards the goal of losing my belly. Got a jumping rope since I've been reading that when done correctly is a low-impact form of cardio, which is perfect for me and my knee. Doing a bit here and there while getting used to the whole thing.

Also got a web development course on Udemy to try and add another skill to the repertoire, so far is pretty interesting so I'm hoping to get something good out of it.

No real specific goals to be written as this will be a "get used to" kind of thing in terms of the dieting and poker, maybe next week I'll have some solid numbers to start working to and hopefully see some good results. Will start working on things, bringing more news next week.

Comments

Popular Posts