Important week for my country + Update

After my little rant last week I tried moving forward with the things I can control. Been focusing on my course and playing poker when the internet and/or work allows it, doing my therapy and continue with my diet. The latest test results were pretty good, just waiting to hear from the doctor to start the treatment. But other than me and my life, this week things are getting real in this little corner of South America.


Today most of the businesses and public transports are not working as a form of protest against the government, who is trying to impose changes to the current constitution without consulting the people. That was the last drop of a series of stupid and/or not helpful decisions made by the president. According to some pictures, the main streets of the major cities of this country are pretty deserted but those in favour of the government act as if everything is normal. To be honest, I have no idea what's going to happen, all I know is that if this Sunday those people change the constitution there will be waves of Venezuelans moving to any country willing to accept them. I've been avoiding that decision for a while now because even though things had been pretty bad, it's never dropped to the level of people eating from the trash... Don't want to drag this too much, just wanted to share my thoughts and free some space in my head.

On a different note, things continue moving up and down at the poker tables, after today's losing session I'm 5 buy-ins away from the NL20. I don't think my decisions are terrible but there were spots that could've been avoided, of course, it's easy to say it afterwards but I need to take actions to try and not make those mistakes again. Still trying not to check results regularly but it gets harder when you are looking to move up and control the stop loss limit. Fortunately, I've been getting some good results on my winning days and doing my best to avoid big losses on those losing days.

On the side, I continue moving forward with my web development course which is really keeping me interested. still hoping to make something useful with it in the future. Between that and the Italian lesson on Duolingo I keep myself occupied and not as stressed. Hoping to deliver good news next week in both poker and our current situation here in Venezuela, until next time.








Comments

Popular Posts