Not all poker related

A couple of weeks ago, on the day of my birthday, I was having one of those life-questioning moments that stick with you for a few hours until you're finally over it. Recently I've been having quite a few of those and, tbh, I have no idea what to do.


I'm usually the kind of person that likes knowing stuff, some of my friends call me a "know it all" just because every time they come to me with some new info I say "oh yeah I saw that yesterday". It's part of me and not because I want to feel superior, but because I truly enjoy learning stuff. I'm also the kind of person who likes planning stuff, every single time I'm traveling I have a little notebook with costs from hotels, plane tickets, things to do and so on. I like being prepared for things that may or may not happen during any given situation. Recently I was checking my accounts to figure out how much money I have left to continue investing in my new home and it happened again, I was left there looking at those numbers and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I not saying by any means I'm broke but my investing funds are dropping down real fast and the steady income I had is basically gone.

The economic reality of this country is a joke, the ratio between salary and the prices for pretty much everything is absurd (no matter how much the government tries to say otherwise), accessing dollars for instances is even harder than winning the lottery and that's just the tip of the iceberg. So despite having been able to get a great deal on a house, get the house with lots of help and sacrifice, I'm still sitting there thinking there's still a lot to do and no real way to do it.

On top of everything I just can't see the end of my health issues. My knee is slowly getting movement back, but haven't been able to start the treatment for the arthritis because there are some numbers on the blood tests that aren't in the right range and that right there is driving me crazy. At least today those number started to look better so that's a plus.

Rant is over so moving now to other things. After a good start at the poker tables, things started going down hill on Saturday and they continue even today, although I shouldn't have played with my mind so bloated. The BR is at around $400 right now and still feeling pretty confident about turning things around, bad players can't get lucky every single time, right? I just need to stop burning money when I know things aren't looking my way. Will probably skip tomorrow to get everything back together and come back strong on Wednesday, might read some articles I have hanging around and continue with my course on Udemy, maybe start the review of these past months.

The course in Udemy so far is pretty fun, really hoping that it'll allow me to do something else in my spare time. Doing that sort of work could help out if the opportunity arises. Already long enough post, sorry for the rant. Will bring more, hopefully, good news by next week.

Comments

Popular Posts