Review of 2018

First of all, Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great holiday and even a better start of the new year. 2018 was a hell of a ride in both my personal life and my poker career. It came with lots of ups and downs but at the end of the day, I'm happy with the way things turned out.

Photo by Chris Gilbert on Unsplash



The big things in my life were that I moved into my new home with my girlfriend, married her a few months later and had our first baby boy in August. Can't be happier with my family and despite the struggles we face every day with our shitty country, I know we'll get through anything together.

In poker, the year started with me finishing up a contract I had playing cash games. I continued playing solo for a bit but found myself stuck, unmotivated and losing to top it all. A friend reached out on Twitter about the possibility of playing Spin&Gos with a stable and with nothing to lose I joined SpinLegends in May. My progress was very slow, mostly a combination of an awful internet connection and me taking for granted a steady way up the stakes. After all the struggle I'm finally back on track and finished the year playing $3 games and looking forward to continuing my progress.

Now that I'm thinking about, if I didn't start playing something other than cash games I would've probably quit poker for a while. A change was very much needed for me to find some motivation to hit the tables again.

Now that we are in 2019 the goal is pretty straightforward, continue improving and climbing up the stakes. The current goal: $7 spins.

Unfortunately, the progress has been slow. I'm on vacations from the office and I have to rely on my phone for internet to play, not the best but it's all I have. I'll be back on the office next week so I'll resume playing a decent volume then.

On the bright side, I did manage to watch a 4 part series of one of the coaches playing $3 tables and another video from another coach also playing $3. I keep downloading videos on my mom's house to have something to watch at home to not waste all of my time.

So far, I've only played 66 out of this new sample of 1000. It's going to be tough, but I'll try to finish it by the end of this month.

I also plan to go back to the gym this month as I feel very lazy and in the need of training. Will continue getting books, reading has got to be the greatest passion I could possibly discover for me and plan to get quite a few books this year.

Will not turn this post into plans for the year/month, haven't really thought much about and I can do it next week.

Covered enough already so I'll leave it a that. Will try to add as much volume as possible while I get back to the office and will continue studying. The games at the $3 are tougher than I thought they'd be so I have to focus really hard so I don't take as long to move up. As always you can find me posting random stuff on my Twitter page and a new update coming up next week, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts