Not the best weekend but not bad either

After the bad session at the NL20, I went back again to NL10 to continue grinding. It's good to point out that I was very confident in getting back up quickly and easily so I went there with that mentality. Wasn't checking my results but was pretty sure I got back the $100 I busted on my first try, ended up checking on Friday (so I could decide if I should play NL10 or NL20) and to my surprise I was even higher than before.


With my BR healthy enough I was debating about not play on Friday and take the shot at NL20 on Saturday or just play NL10 for a little bit and still take the shot at NL20 the next day. Ended up choosing the latter and won a bit more of money, taking the shot after so many winning session was a boost for my confidence. Played some big sessions on both Saturday and Sunday but things didn't go my way. Made a few bad decisions here and there but ended up losing $3 on Saturday and almost $4 on Sunday. Obviously sad that I couldn't win but very happy I didn't lose a lot of money. The sessions were a mix of NL20 with NL10 tables because there weren't many tables available of NL20 to get to 6 most of the times.

Haven't taken many days off and played a lot of hands (compared to my standards) so I'm on track with my goals for the month. Will continue playing for the next few days, ideally, I'll get some decent results so I can continue grinding and dreaming.

For the past few days, the good results at the tables are making me hopeful again about the possibility of actually grinding as a side job. I'm aware that there's still a long road ahead of me and that anything can happen, but sometimes poker seems like my way out of all the shit going on around here (not discussing this shit country again). The topic for the non-poker related post will probably be about motivation since that is the things that have been on my mind lately.

On a personal level, the physiatrist told me to stop the therapy for the time being. I'm evolving pretty well and she said I should start exercising at home or at the gym to continue gaining strength back, I already have a number of exercises to work with and looking into the possibility of doing some yoga. Haven't done the DB review yet but will get to it, other than that I'm very happy with the way things are looking both in poker and my personal life. Will continue working hard and grinding even harder, gonna continue updating on my Twitter and the next blog post will probably be next week, until then!

Comments

Popular Posts