August Review

After a great start for August, things went down during the last couple of sessions. Was losing for 8 sessions straight until yesterday when I "booked" a win just for the sake of doing it. My poker goals for the month were not met because of a number of days off I took to try and conserve my sanity.


Despite that, I can't be too upset about this. I took several shots at NL20 and the BR was on an all time high until the downswing started. So let's review the goals one by one.
  • Play at least 25k hands this month. Only played 20694 hands because of all the days off.
  • Write a non-poker related post. General topic, maybe motivational one. I started writing one but didn't publish it, wasn't feeling good enough about what I wrote so just deleted it.
  • Review DB once per week. Only did it during the first 2 weeks and then stopped.
  • Take at least one shot at NL20 this month. I actually played 4 sessions on NL20 and, even though the last 2 weren't successful, it was a good thing to happen.
  • Continue with the Italian lessons on Duolingo. As in today, I'm on a 66-day streak. Pretty happy about it overall.
  • Watch at least one video of the web development course per day and do the exercises without looking at the solution right away. I've missed some days but on other days I've watched 5 or 6 videos in a row so that should make things even. Also been doing most of the exercises on my own.
  • Start working out again. Been working out just 2 or 3 days a week to gain some strength back but plan to start going to the gym again next month.
The month ended with a small loss and my confidence is not that great because of the bad results piling on. Will write down the plans for this month next week but will start playing a bit today.

After a long wait, I decided to have the last 3 wisdom teeth removed to just get that over with. Feel like it was one of those things I've been neglecting and should've taken care of a few months back. Also, my love for Hearthstone seems to be back with this new expansion, got to rank 10 after such a long time. My highest is rank 8 so, if I find the time, I might try to improve that score.

Will get some things done for the rest of my morning and then I'll try to play some poker. During the weekend it will depend on how I feel after that procedure, but really hope I can play some hands. Plans for September coming this Monday, enjoy your weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts