How to lose your head in this game

It came to my attention (once again) the amount of complaining and emotional involvement I've had for the past four days. It obviously goes together with the downswing I'm currently facing.


Four days is neither a long stretch nor a streak to be worried about, but recently the amount of self-imposed pressure I have made me feel like it's never going to end.

Funny enough, this is one of the shortest I've faced but we don't think of it this way.

It all boils down to mental toughness and mine seems to go in the rollercoaster along with my current results. I've had some issues this month that kind of made me wonder about my future but the more I think about it, the more it complicates things.

The biggest issue for me during this little downswing is the number of mistakes I'm making. Looking for a reason to make retard plays is just play dumb so it needs to be addressed.

This game is by no means how I make a living, not even close. To try and take it so seriously to some might be crazy, but poker has a way to drag you through the mud and still make you come back for more.

Maybe all the time and energy I've spent learning and improving just makes me feel a little entitled, but that is just nonsense and I should know better by now.

I was about to skip my session today but that won't really help, I still have problems with the internet in my home so I'm not going to waste an opportunity to play. Maybe writing is all I needed to get my head back in the game, but will only know when the session starts. Not going to check results, just focus on my play and work on getting back to winning.

Whenever things go well or not, I'll update on my Twitter. More news, along with the monthly review coming this Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts