Back to basics

After yet another losing session at the tables on Friday something needed to be done desperately as I was losing my mind over it. The first plan was taking a few days off but had a little chat with my coach and to be honest he seemed to hit right on the spot.



He recommended to move back down to NL4 for a few days to get my confidence back and try to focus on anything but the money. The mind is a funny thing, you get easily frustrated when things don't go your way for a few days and completely forget all of the success you've been having so far. Guess I needed that little talk to get myself back together and start doing things the way I'm supposed to.

Started playing again back at NL4 with 6 tables, focusing alone on playing by the system without any sort of improvisation and with the least amount of distractions possible. After almost a two hour long session I ended with 4 buy-ins of profit and a better feeling about my game. Wasn't really going to play on Sunday (Valentine's Day) but since my gf wanted to take a nap I used that time wisely firing up another session. An hour and a half long which ended in 3 more buy-ins pushing myself back up in both BR and confidence wise.

I plan to continue playing for a few more days at the NL4 tables just to make sure I'm playing my best with the least amounts of deviations from the system as possible. By now I'm pretty aware I can beat NL4 without much trouble, gonna continue putting in some volume and before I know it I'll be back again at the NL10 with a better mindset which, therefore, will lead to better results.

Comments

Popular Posts